Absurdist writer Jon Konrath returns with another collection of hilarious and demented short fiction. Twenty laugh-out-loud tales of the post-apocalyptic and abnormal drift from reality to the bizarre, from killdozer marathons to UFO cults to Satanic fast-food roast beef.
The author of Atmospheres and cult classic Rumored to Exist weaves a chaotic nonlinear tapestry of pop culture, heavy metal, and offensive absurdity.
The Gonzo stylings of Vol.13's narrative twist the reader through the dystopian landscape while positing serious inquiries about the meaning of existence, the folly of man, and the pain of nostalgia, but answers them with scenes of an absurd destruction of society. The book is a personal journey that questions reality, but reveals a fragmented chaos, while being hilarious and impossible to put down.
Bonus: Vol.13 includes three stories from the now out-of-print rarity Mandatory Laxative #14.
Includes the following stories:
- Fuck Olives
- Mariah Carey is Punk as Fuck
- The Third-Generation Camaro Is Not Cult and Satanic Enough for Our Slut-Fucking Requirements, Duane
- The Whole Country Is Built on an Indian Burial Ground and We Are All Going To Die So Stop Trying to Fuck with Me About How a Sonic Shake Has Two Thousand Calories
- Sleep Letter Zero
- The Metaphor of Poundcake
- The Form of the Honeycomb Cereal Sword
- Frankie Two Balls and the Catskill Zombie Drug Rehab Castle Fire
- Someday This Could Be You
- It's Impossible to Learn to Flush Prosthetic Arms down a Toilet by Reading Books
- Just Because You Got Gang-Fucked by the Cleveland Cavaliers in 1997 Doesn't Mean You Can Bring 19 Items to the Express Lane
- The Kansas City Tofu Firebombing
- Corpses In Windshield Are Closer Than They Appear
- Jesus Ray Liotta and the Laxative Recall Boondoggle
- The Open Letter to S.C. Johnson & Son, A Family Company
- The Mets Riot and the Butcher/Metalhead Connection
- Chili Sweats at Aerie #666
- Fuck Beets
- The Twilight Between Sleep and Death
ISBN: 978-1942086079, 6x9" 194 pages
Last updated Friday, 12-Apr-2019